I am a person of faith. I am what many would call a “conservative”. But I don’t fit the mold. Just because one has deep religious beliefs doesn’t automatically mean they are some kind of “nut job”. As far as I know, no one has ever accused me of being intolerant or judgmental of others. I share that with you because I will refer to my faith whenever I need to but it’s never with the intent of trying to convert anyone. I leave that up to God.
At the same time, I can’t deny my faith just to make the reader comfortable. So I ask that you have an open-mind and I will, too. I’ve written this “about me” page after almost a year of blogging and I’m glad I waited. Here’s why.
I have a number of followers who are as far removed from me religiously as they can be. I have other followers whose language certainly is far removed from what I’m comfortable with. I have yet another class of followers whose political views seem to be from another planet when I compare them to mine. 🙂
I also follow bloggers whose views about everything are diametrically opposed to mine. Blogging has exposed me to a world I don’t play in very often and I’m glad it did. It’s good to challenge our beliefs.
- DIY and home renovation
- Spray paint and I will spray almost anything. Even upholstered furniture. I’ll tell you about that one someday. I will include many of the projects as they evolve and I get the pictures on my computer.
- To read and write.
- To paint, walls and pictures.
- Walking into a fabric store and just browsing through the fabric.
- Paint stores and paint chips.
- Scrapbooking stores where I buy lots of paper even when I have no use for them. I rarely scrapbook. A
- Antique stores
- Yard sales and thrift shops.
- Mostly, I love my family, friends and my God and consider myself truly blessed.
I’m sure this blog will continue to evolve as I “find my voice”. I hope you’ll stick around to see where I end up.